5 Days, 4 Nights|
Based On Double Occupany. Single Supplement Applies.
Guides, ground transportation, lodging, all meals and drinks (including alcoholic beverages) all kayaking equipment and instruction, yoga.|
Air to Manzanillo, Mexico, personal clothing and accessories, full medical, baggage and trip cancellation insurance, airport taxes and gratuities. Single Supplement: $200.
The “winter blues” don't exist in Bahia de Tenacatita, Costalegre, the location of our favorite winter retreat. Escape the cold weather and holiday frenzy back home, and settle in at the beautiful, adults-only oceanside Punta Serena Resort). South of tourist-thronged Puerto Vallarta, tranquil Punta Serena nourishes the body, mind and spirit. Energize and refresh during each morning's yoga session—a sunrise sun salutation in mid 70s winter weather! Then, after a scrumptious breakfast, apply that energy to kayaking, hiking and snorkeling adventures from midday through the afternoon. You'll be surprised, as many yoga instructors have noticed after their first time in a kayak, at the physical and mental symbiosis of paddling and yoga - both skills feed one another, ensuring great progress and fun time spent "in the zone". Relax each evening with a dip in cliff-hugging the hot tub suspended over the ocean, swim on the private beach or indulge in a sunset drink on the balcony. Cast the “winter blues” into your distant memory, and get grounded on the serene Mexican coast.
Day 1: Arrive in Manzanillo (ZLO) around 1:00 PM where our guides will greet you and shuttle the group to Punta Serena. We will check into our rooms and meet for welcoming drinks and a walk on the beach - dinner will follow.
Day 2: Today's activities will consist of two yoga sessions (morning & evening), delicious meals, a kayaking excursion in the beautiful Bahia de Tenacatita and sunset cocktails. An option for snorkeling/skin diving is also available.
Day 3: Today's activities will consist of two yoga sessions (morning & evening), delicious meals, a day paddle with an opportunity to see dolphins and whales, and sunset cocktails. An option for snorkeling/skin diving is also available.
Day 4: Today's activities will consist of two yoga sessions (morning & evening), delicious meals, more paddling in the bay and sunset cocktails. There will also be an opportunity for more snorkeling/skin diving today.
Day 5: We will have an opportunity for one last yoga session in this warm and beautiful location today - Your “Quick Fix” is now complete! We will schedule our return shuttle to the airport for mid-late morning today.
**Itinerary subject to change depending on conditions.
This is all you will need -- anything else is unnecessary baggage and will only be extra weight to carry.
- 3-5 t-shirts (some quick drying for kayaking)
- 1 shirt, long sleeved
- 1 set of comfortable workout clothes for yoga practice
- 2-3 pair shorts (some quick drying)
- Sun/rain hat
- Rain gear (Paddling jacket works well as an alternative- there is little need) or Windbreaker jacket (could be same as paddling jacket)
- 1 pair sport sandals (Tevas, water socks etc)/ Paddling booties are great!
- One pair comfortable walking shoes.
- Bathing suit
- Underwear, socks
- Casual clothes for evenings
- Clean change of clothing for the trip home
- Passport (be sure to check expiration date)
- Toiletry kit (toothbrush, shampoo, sunscreen, face cream, nail clippers, personal medication)
- Sunglasses Chums/Croakies® to keep glasses on your head are imperative
- Small dry bag with carabiner clip (clear ones are very useful)
- Sticky mat- straps and blocks are optional
- Camera, film, waterproof container
- Ziploc storage bags (to keep stuff extra dry in dry bag)
- Mask, fins and snorkel
- Paddle/personal PFD- we will supply paddles and PFD’s for group but if you prefer your own paddle and PFD, feel free to bring them along
- Paddling gloves (for the tender of palm- not neoprene but any open fingered glove can help e.g. biking gloves etc)
- Field glasses – binoculars
- Small towel (e.g. PackTowel® works well)
“Great off the beaten track kayaking and yoga trip in rugged south Pacific coast of Mexico.” -Carol Doyle
“The idea of a “four day refresher” right after the holidays is a great idea and Manzanillo is easy to access - sign me up next year.” -Peter Carley
"The trip certainly was a great little break away from the fat food and holidays here in cold America. The resort was excellent with a fine vista from high on the cliff overlooking the two bays. Either sitting in the hot tub overlooking the view with a waiter delivering cold drinks or sitting on the terrace and enjoying a cerviche along with a frothy tequila drink, it was wonderful. The weather was perfect, the sea was dark blue with currents and wind over the surface making paddling just a little challenging for the muscles at some times. And can't forget the yoga with Anne who provided discipline to our twice a day sessions as well as a one hour private consultation. Lovely companions in our small group and a terrific idea for a restorative "refresher" after the holidays. It's a beautiful resort and easy to get to via Continental Airlines. The food was really good and the companionship with our group was lovely. So Rick's question was "would you do this again?" and the answer is a resounding "yes"!!!" - Peter C, Washington DC
"The hotel was superb in every way. The yoga was excellent- Anne really cares about participants achieving their goals. The sea kayaking was also excellent- a great off-the-beaten track adventure."
- Carol D., Chicago, IL
“Fun, exciting and rewarding.” -Jeff Carley